Battle Against Hunger
Who we are
Battle Against Hunger is a non-denominational charity founded by Chuck Inman in 2003 to increase public awareness of the hunger problem in our area and to raise funds for community organizations that provide nutritional assistance and shelter. Chuck passed away in an automobile accident in 2014. This group continues to honor Chuck's legacy by holding a 200-mile yearly fundraising bike tour that has raises money and awareness of those who find the very basics of providing food a struggle.
Since its inception, BAH has raised over $950,000 for a number of area service organizations. We ride, we walk, we volunteer for BAH events - and we have a lot of fun while supporting a great cause! The donations have helped to provide nutritious meals and other assistance that enables people to gain greater self-sufficiency. We invite you to join us in our commitment and fellowship.
Want to help us reach our goal but can't join us for any of the rides? We have ideas that might be perfect for you or your group of supporters!
Who We Support
In 2017, we are privileged to support the following agencies dedicated to helping those in need:
- Atlantic City Rescue Mission
- Cast Your Cares Ministries(CYC)
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton
- Chuck Inman Memorial Fund
- Arm in Arm (formerly The Crisis Ministry of Mercer County)
- Elijah’s Promise
- FACT (Friends Acting and Caring Together)
- Jewish Family Service of Atlantic and Cape May Counties
- Rescue Mission of Trenton
- Toni’s Kitchen (Montclair, NJ)
- Trenton Area Soup Kitchen (TASK)
Organizations and Jubilee Centers through the Jubilee Ministries of the Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey
And, possibly....your favorite hunger relief organization!
The 2017 SCHEDULE
- To Register visit www.BattleAgainstHunger.org or contact Denny Rodgers at email@example.com or at 609-458-2211 for more information.
Friday - September 8th, 2017
Leave from Pennington, NJ at 10:00 am to drive to Gettysburg
- Lunch Stop - Noon
- Arrive at Gettysburg hotel - 2:00 pm
- Battlefield Tour - 3:00 pm
- Rider and SAG meetings - 8:00 pm
Saturday - September 9th, 2017
- Breakfast - 5:30 am
- Riders depart from Hotel - 6:00 am sharp
- Lunch - 11:30 am
- Banquet dinner - 7:00 pm
Sunday - September 10th, 2017
- Breakfast - 5:30 am
- Riders depart from Hotel
- Lunch - 11:30 am
- Arrival at Washington Crossing State Park, PA - 5:15 pm
- Reception, festivities and outdoor meal - 5:30 pm
A. Rider - Full Tour (2 Day, 200 Mile Ride)
Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Includes lodging, all meals on Saturday and Sunday. Also includes a Gettysburg Battlefield tour, SAG support and festivities at Washington crossing State Park, PA upon return home. Rider jersey is available for purchase with registration for $70.00.
B. SAG (Support and Gear Crew) Full Tour
Can't ride? You're welcome to join our team that provides assistance to the cyclists! Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Includes lodging, all means on Saturday and Sunday, Gettysburg Battlefield tour and festivities at Washington Crossing State Park upon return home.
C. One Day Rides - Sunday September 10th, 2017
Round trip from the Washington Pavilion at Washington Crossing State Park, PA. SAG support at rest stops only. Rider jerseys will be available for purchase at registration on a first-come, first-serve basis for $70.00.
Two one-day options:
- 63 mile: Start time will vary between 8:30-9:30 am. Riders will receive regular updates concerning the exact time as it may vary depending on how many riders participate.
- 35 mile: Start time will vary between 10:30-11:30 am. Riders will receive regular updates concerning the exact time as it may vary depending on how many riders participate.
D. There's also George and Kinney's Fun Walk and Bike Ride:
Noon-4 pm on the canal path at Washington Crossing Park, NJ. A family friendly off-road options - crossing the historic Washington Crossing Bridge through lovely Titusville Village with views of the Delaware, then travel as far as you care to go - Lambertville, Stockton or Bulls Island State Park and return (2-50 miles).
All walkers and riders will return to Washington Pavilion (at Washington Crossing State Park) by 5:00 pm for BBQ at the annual finish line celebration.
A public awareness campaign, Battle Against Hunger, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Battle Against Hunger is a hunger relief ministry of St. Matthew's Episcopal Church of Pennington.
More information about the Battle Against Hunger can be found at: www.battleagainsthunger.org.