"Lectors, Sub Deacons, and Chalice Bearers"
St. Matthew’s Lectors, Sub Deacons, and Chalice Bearers,
Happy All Saints’ Day!
Attached is the schedule for November, December, and the 1st Sunday in January. Thank you to all of you who provided me with your availability during these upcoming months. I tried not to schedule you for those Sundays when you said that you would be unable to read or serve.
Several items of note looking forward:
- Sunday, November 5th: All Saints’ Sunday and Grateful Giving Sunday. Linda, Tim, Mark, and Kim: We will be reading the lessons assigned for All Saints’ Day (today) rather than the ones assigned for the 22nd Sunday after Pentecost. Please click on the link at the bottom of this letter to view the readings.
- Sunday, November 12th: Remembrance Sunday. There will be a Requiem Eucharist at the 10am service. Mark Lederer will be reading the necrology.
- Sunday, November 19th: Logos Youth Service. Logos Youth will be reading the lessons, the Prayers of the People, and administering the chalice at the 10am service.
- Sunday, December 3rd: Advent
- Sunday, December 17th: The 10am service will include Lessons and Carols.
- Sunday, December 24th (Advent IV and Christmas Eve): There will be only one service for Advent IV at 8am with no music. In the afternoon, there will be the Christmas Eve 3:00pm Children’s Play and Service followed by the 10:00pm Festive Choral Service in the evening.
- Monday, December 25th (Christmas Day): 10am Service. We are in need of a Lector and Chalice at this service. Please let me know if you will be attending and would be able to serve.
Reminder: If you are unable to read or serve on your assigned Sunday, please find a substitute and notify Pam in the parish office and me as soon as possible. This is your responsibility. She will advise Rev. Barbara accordingly and manually make a change on the schedule which is posted in the Sacristy. This will be helpful to Rev. Barbara, the Sub Deacon, and Chalice Bearer so they are aware of a substitution and won’t need to look around for the assigned individual minutes before the service is about to begin. If you are unable to find a substitute, please contact me at 908-788-5016 or email@example.com.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Jane Castner as our newest Lector at the 8am service. I have inserted Jane in the new schedule (November 19th and December 17th) and included her phone number and email address on an updated contact page which is attached. Please join me in welcoming Jane to the St. Matthew’s Lector ministry.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you for your continued service to the Lord and St. Matthew’s.