Outreach & Missions
Outreach and Missions efforts have grown at St. Matthew's through the commitment of the parish as a whole and as individual parishioners saw needs and organized means, people, and resources to meet those needs. Our outreach efforts can be long term, or shorter term, depending on need, and involve parishioners of all ages. Many of our outreach efforts are multi-generational.
Summer 2017 Mission Trips
El Hogar Honduras
UrbanPromise Trenton Summer Camps
Dates: Wednesday July 5th through Friday August 4th, 2017
LOOKING TO DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL THIS SUMMER? Volunteers are needed at UrbanPromise Trenton Summer Camps! If you can help in ANY way or have questions, please contact Georgia Koenig (609/273-3351 cell, or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Camp Truth at Trinity Cathedral, 801 West State Street
1. SNACKS: Provide, prepare and serve healthy snacks at Camp Truth (Trinity Cathedral) for Jr. StreetLeaders and StreetLeaders between 2 – 3 PM Monday thru Thursday. Approximately 30 kids from 6 – 12th grades. Week of July 10th is booked. All other weeks are open.
- Camp Grace at East Trenton Community Center, 601 N. Clinton Ave
1. Week of July 17: Provide afternoon programming for Camp Grace children aged K-3 (~12 children) for the week, from 1 – 4 PM. This will include daily structured activities and a healthy snack. Activities can be offsite but transportation must be arranged. There will be a Site Director as well as one or two interns on site to assist with classroom management.
2. Week of 7/24: Provide afternoon programming and snack for children grades K -6 (~ 22 campers) from 1 – 4 PM Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Monday has a musician booked which will cover a good part of the afternoon. Provide activities for small groups. Rotate groups from one activity to another. Park is nearby for outdoor play. Site director and two interns to assist with classroom management. Requires 1 adult to lead each activity planned.
3. Week of 7/31: Provide afternoon programming and snack for children grades K -6 (~ 22 campers) from 1 – 4 PM. Provide activities for small groups. Rotate groups from one activity to another. Park is nearby for outdoor play. Site director and two college interns to assist with classroom management. Requires 1 adult to lead each activity planned.